Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Made "The Corner"

Finally....today Emma has turned the corner and is feeling better. PHEW! That one really wiped her out. I had to take her back to the ped. yesterday for a different antibiotic, but this one seems to be doing the trick:). We went on a car trip today...just the kiddos and me. We were all in the car for 5 hours and they were "rock stars". They were SO incredibly GOOD! On the way home we were listening to Hannah Montana (oh course...is there anyone else?). Emma was singing the song, "Nobody's perfect". She knows almost all of the words, and she does these crazy dance moves with it...it is HILARIOUS!

It got me thinking.....(yep....here goes), the other day I was on a forum that I frequent. A mom on there is pregnant with her 2nd child. She just got the results back from her bloodwork saying that she has a 1:300 chance of having a baby with Down's syndrome. She is understandably worried, and I completely understand. This mom's 1st child has special needs, and I do completely understand her concern. I've been there....a year ago...when I was pregnant with Owen. However, what I am struggling with is the comments that some people made to her stating that "so and so" had a greater chance of having a baby with Down's...now that child is 6 and "perfect in every way". HMMMMMM....even if a child is born with a syndrome....the child is still the picture of PERFECT! That child is EXACTLY the way that God made them. I cannot look at my child and think she is anything BUT perfect....she's AMAZING!

No comments: