Tuesday, March 18, 2008

6 Significant people we've met along our journey

OK, I'm behind again! Somehow I am lacking my mojo??? You'd think just sitting on the couch all day would motivate me to write, but I seem to find other things to do.

Today, I am going to write about 6 of the people that we've met along this journey. These are 6 people that we would not have met otherwise, and they have made such a huge difference in who I am today. Some of them I only know through the Cyber world, but they are important to me nonetheless.

1) Becky, Joe, and Louis - We met the adorable Louis on an organ donor awareness walk. Although Becky calls me a stalker for tracking her down....I'm pretty sure that she's glad that I was so determined to meet them that day. Louis had received a heart transplant 3 months before Emma received her liver. Louis was also about 3 months older then Emma. Emma loved him from the start. Although we only knew Louis for a year before he left his Earthly body, he will ALWAYS hold a special place in our hearts. His parents Joe and Becky have become some of our best friend. Becky is the one person who I know will always listen to my woes and laugh about my funny mishaps. I truly feel like she is my sister that was misplaced at birth (hmmmm...not sure we could've had the same mom...but pretty sure they are at least sisters). My life has changed dramatically by having Becky in it.

2) Jill and Marek - Jill is my cyber friend who lives in Alaska. Our kids were transplanted within days of each other, and their birthdays are very close also. Marek and Emma have had many similar post transplant issues (especially allergies). I look forward to the day that I will one day meet Jill in person. When I talk to her on the phone it is as if I have known her all of my life. She has 3 boys, and she is expecting baby #4 in September:).

3) CRC staff - I can't limit this to just one person. CRC is the place that Emma goes to pre-school. All of her teachers and therapists (well MOST of them) have been phenomenol! They are so great with our sweet girl, and she has made amazing progress because of their loving care.

4) Annette - she is our transplant coordinator, and I don't know how we would have been able to travel this journey without her. She is the one who called to tell us that our life was about to forever change, and that our girl was going to have a 2nd chance. She answers all of our questions and never makes us feel incompetant. She is just amazing at what she does, and I am so thankful that she has been the coordinator that has been placed with us.

5) Debbie - I received a phone call last week from a fellow mom of a child that has Biliary Atresia and Rubenstein Taybi syndrome. It was an amazing conversation, and just a euphoric experience to know there is someone out there going through very similar challenges to what we have gone through for the past 4 years. Granted, this person has just come into my life, but I hope to talk to her many many more times.

6) Angie - Yes, I have met myself. When I look in the mirror today, I see that I am a drastically different person than I was the day before Emma was born. For the most part I have changed for the better. I am more understanding and compassionate toward others. I am definitely more educated. However, I am also more leary about what the future holds (before I never really thought about the future).....maybe that makes me a better person because I value every day that I have. However, sometimes I wish that I could get just a piece of that naitivity back.

******Above all else....I have met Miss Emma!!! Without her where would my world be? I love her with every piece of my being! I love absolutely everything about her. I would not change one part of our journey if it meant that I didn't have my baby girl to hold in my arms and kiss every night. She is my strength, my hero, my world!

No comments: