Thursday, October 26, 2006

I'll just say it

I'm just going to come right out and say it....while I'm feeling "brave"...my child has special needs. Just writing those words makes the tears jump right out of my eyes to flow down my cheeks. It's amazing! You'd think after 3 years of this my tear ducts would have dried up by now, but I can make my shirt go from dry to soaking wet on the top in 60 seconds flat. Yes, everyone knows that she has medical needs, but when will people figure out that she has "other needs" as well. OR, have they already figured it out...and they just don't say anything? It's amazing the havoc that it wreaks on my brain and my body day in and day out! I feel as if I have aged 20 years in the past 3 years. Yet, I love that girl just the way that she is. My fear is that the rest of the world may not accept her the way that I do....the way she deserves to be accepted. She has battled too much in her short little life to not be looked at with the highest regard! I will fight tooth and nail for that child....but, why should I have to....shouldn't that just be a given?

Just my random thoughts for the day:)

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Angie,

You are one of the most wonderful and courageous mothers I "know". Emma is an awesome and beautiful child! Love and hugs, as always!

CJ said...

Welcome to Holland, Angie! I know what you mean. I often forget our girls are "special". To us, they just are. And then something will remind me and it hurts. But all you can do is love her and let her know that she is different, but different is more than ok! You are a wonderful and brave mother and your daughter will grow in your light!