Monday, June 08, 2009

Gimme a Break....Gimme a Break:)

Break me off a piece of that Kit Kat Bar:). OK...so actually today I'm feeling like I need a tiny little break from the special needs parenting world. Just a minor glimpse into that life that I just have a view from the sidelines...the "normal" life of other parents with small children.

Yes, I hit the all time high of parenting moments. Are you ready for it?? Fair warning...this post is NOT for the squeamish! So, we went to the swimming pool tonight. The whole family went. Emma actually did really well. She has always been afraid of the water, and tonight she walked in like she owned the place (we have a graduated pool...that is AWESOME). So, once she got to the point that it was getting a little deep, I handed her a floaty noodle and guided her around the pool. She was having a GREAT time....then, the water got into her mouth (Insert...BIG UH-OH)...for whatever reason, Emma cannot get unexpected water into her mouth or it causes her to vomit. Well, that's when it started. I knew it was coming, so I carried her out of the pool QUICKLY while cupping her mouth, then IT HAPPENED, she turned her head just right and shot the puke RIGHT INTO MY MOUTH (AHHHHH! YUCK!! Gross!) and we ran into the locker room, and into a private shower room...where she continues to vomit PROFUSELY all over me and her. At this point I am thinking that they have closed the pool to make everyone go home. I peaked my head out to see...everyone still swimming (including Tim and Owen). So, I get us cleaned up...and we go back to the pool.

So, we are having a good time now. Apparently, when Em got sick it went all over me as I was getting out...but we managed to miss the water (remember that I am the Supermama Puke Catching master...if you don't know what I'm talking about go to some of my earlier posts...circa 2005-2006-2007ish). Well, we go back to swimming. Tim and I switch kids, and I'm having a good time with Owen (who is a little FISH)...he LOVES the water and is so much fun. He dunks his head....no big deal...no big puking drama, right?? Well, that is until the Mama (who just fed the baby boy about an hour before) throws him up in the air numerous times (I know...what WAS I thinking??)). Yep, you guessed it...OWEN starts puking all over me as we run out of the pool. Same senerio (MINUS The in.my.mouth.part.thank.you.GOD!!!)

They STILL didn't close the pool, BUT we decided it was time to go. I'm sure they were glad to see our family go....glad that we are members:). Not sure that I want to go back REAL soon!

On another SN parenting note....Emma has been saying "What'd you say?" over and over and over and over and over. So, today I took her to the pediatrician and sure enough....she can't hear! Major fluid on the verge of infection. I never thought that I'd be glad to hear that she had fluid on her ears, but I was about to go crazy from the continual "What'd you say?". So, hopefully we can clear the fluid soon. We go to the ENT next month (10 hours away!), so they can tell us that we need to come back to get a tube put in:). I'll be glad when that is done:)

So, yes, I am up at 11:30PM because I needed a little extra ME time tonight. Call me selfish, but I just needed a moment to breath in and breath out and recollect my thoughts before closing my eyes to drift off to sleep.

Good Night!

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow, TWO puking kids. That's awful. I've had spit up in my mouth before, but that's back when he was a little guy and the spit-up was pretty benign. Still disgusting, but...
I'm glad you found the source of her hearing problem and that it's so easily fixable.

Michelle said...

Oh man, puke in the mouth---so not good. Course, I think that is just part of initiation into motherhood, right??? Sounds like you all had fun in spite of the vomit fest!

Cindy said...

Wow, I have never had that happen to me...and not looking for it to happen, either! You are some kind of supermomma!

And...it's so great to hear you recount this experience with a lighthearted rendering! I hope I can have as much humor when it happens to me...or something similarly frustrating!

Alicia said...

Wow, did you have a flashing neon sign above your head that said "Hey kids, 100 points to you if you puke all over me! And 1000 bonus points if you get it in my mouth!!" You poor thing!

Anxious AF said...

That is a lot of puke......Hope today was better:)

The Accidental Mommy said...

Oh no, you win. What ever the contest for the rest of your life, you win!
I had to laugh at your last note, having your ME time at 11:30 at night. Thats my ME time too. Also, going to the grocery store alone has to pass for ME time these days too.
Just blog- jumping around and thought I would say hi!