Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Today You're 5

Today is the day....my big girl (who is 33 lbs. and 37 1/2 inches tall) is 5 years old! Honesty is what I'm going to write today. I looked back at my blog this morning to see what Emma was doing at this time last year, and I think that I have always been very vague about Em's accomplishments (as a protection for myself). Now, I really wish that I had written about it because I KNOW that she has made leaps and bounds in the past year. SO, here goes.....Emma says so many words now. She will repeat any word that you give her (it may or may not sound the same). She puts together many 2 and 3 word phrases. "I go", "all done", I U Mommy" (ie...I love you mommy...makes a momma's heart proud), "no way", and many many many more. She can count to 10...although she ALWAYS leaves out 7. She loves the numbers 8, 9, and 10. We are working on identifying colors....but we're not there yet. She can match anything....the girl LOVES to match. She loves to play with Barbies and Hannah Montana:(! In the past year she had learned how to jump off of things and she's learned how to ride a tricycle (although she still doesn't LIKE to ride her tricycle). She can eat anything (except her allergens) and drink straight liquids (without thickener) without getting sick. Em loves to sing, and will try to sing every song that she hears.

Overall, Emma's come a long long ways. We still have a long way to go, but we are enjoying each new milestone that she makes. Life is good.

1 comment:

Myssie@PendletonMarket said...

Happy Birthday Emma! I hope that you have an awesome birthday cake and really enjoy your day!

Angie- Emma sounds like she is doing awesome! You should be so proud of your amazing little girl! You are doing a fantastic job raising your special one!