Friday, May 26, 2006

You're NOT the boss of me!!

It will never cease to amaze me how quickly children find their "own" personality. As a parent you think, "This child is made from the genes of her father and myself...therefore she is a mixture of the two of us"....yeah right!!! Think again! Emma is 100% truly, uniquely, you've gotta love her, HERSELF!! AND, she WILL let you know that SHE is the one that makes the rules!



Those of you reading this that do not personally know me may think that I am a parent that just lets my child do what she wants to. You may think that I do not discipline, or I am lazy. I challenge anyone to take a good look at their own child and tell me that their child does every single thing that you tell him to. It's not possible. They are all so unique. What a wonderful thing!! Yes, I did say that it was a wonderful thing that my child does not listen to me ALL of the time. I want her to have her own thoughts and feelings about things. I want her to have the power to say NO! I want her to think something over before she makes a committment to do it.



Yes, Emma is 2 and she does not listen to everything that I say. Is she a brat? No way!!! Do I ever feel like banging my head against the wall? You bet I do! But, when I see that strong will showing through those beautiful eyes I stop and think to myself, "she IS going to be OK! No matter what this world throws at her...she will conquer it. She has the almighty determination".



Check it out:



This is the look I give when I don't get my way


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
<



"You can't make me!"

br>Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
<



"No way am I going to smile for that camera Mama!"

br>Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

4 comments:

graymama said...

Too cute! Independence is good!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!
Carly's knickname is "Spitfire".
Looks like we have a Spitfire 2 in our midst!
You know, I feel the same way you do. It's these girls' spunk that's going to carry them through everything.
Thanks for making my day!
Hugs to Emma!

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness, what a sad little face, she looks quite determined to convince mom.

Anonymous said...

ADORABLE!