I am going to start by saying that I am going to whine quite a bit in this post. So, if you don't want to listen to a pathetic Mother whose child has been through the ringer this week...then go ahead and exit out of this post.
Now, for those that stayed to "hear" me whine...here goes:
Parenting is not supposed to be like this! In the past week I have:
1) Held my child while 20 needles where poked in her back (to check for allergies)
2) Watched her be put to sleep by "laughing gas" twice so she could undergo procedures(which included a total of 7 IV attempts...yes, 7...she looks like an IV drug user!).
3) Experienced the pain right along with her of 3 blood draws
4) Answered numerous questions about my pregnancy, our living situation, our pets, her development, what size underwear I wear (OK...I'm exagerating there)...only to turn around and answer the EXACT SAME FRICKIN QUESTIONS AGAIN 5 MINUTES LATER...then again 5 minutes after that!! READ the CHART people!!!
5) Held her down for 3 X-rays
6) Soothed her time and time again while she screamed bloody murder
7) removed blood from my brand new white shirt (her nose was bleeding excessively after a sinus biopsy)
8) Held her down while they did a catheder to obtain a urine specimen...and right after that they did a nasal suction (tube WAY up the nose) to obtain a "booger" specimen!
Yes, I am exhausted..and I do not see the light at the end of the tunnel right now. My child is admitted into the "dark abyss" otherwise known as the hospital. While it is a wonderful place and I am so glad that it is there...I don't want US to have to be there. And, to top it all off...we STILL don't know why Emma is sick this evening. SIGH!! As we head into the weekend when the hospital turns into a ghost town...we patiently wait for Monday as Doctors will emerge once again into daylight...hopefully with a very bright and cheery insight for us! Until then...I am feeling a "little" BLUE!!!
Thanks for listening! Here's a great picture of my little princess!! I pray for her to look this healthy and happy again very soon!!