Thursday, June 29, 2006

Waiting for "the shot"

We drove 10 hours (one way) last weekend just to get a shot so Emma would be less likely to contract the chicken pox virus. In the car Emma was the happiest child. She laughed, played, and thought that we were going on a family vacation! We felt like we were taking her to the slaughter house! We knew that the shot was going to be very painful, but it had to be done.

Here is Emma waiting outside the hospital (with her Havalah duck) for them to come to get her (since she is immunosuppressed they do not want her in the germy waiting room....and neither do I):


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Here is Em's fashion statement for the week:). I think everyone will start wearing these soon:


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Waiting in the ER room, Emma is practicing her karate kicks (don't ask me where she comes up with this stuff). She kicks her leg and says, "Hiya!" Too cute!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




They gave her the shot, she cried for about a minute, the nurse gave her stickers, and she stuck them all over her body while she laughed like crazy. Silly girl....you've gotta love her:).

2 comments:

Laurie said...

That karate kick picture is just so cute. I'm glad I got to get my "Emma fix" for the day! I love it when you put up pictures!

Sorry y'all had to drive so far to get Ms. Emma the shot!

Anonymous said...

She is adorable as always...I really like the karate kick too.