Thursday, May 05, 2005

The Phantom of the Hot Tub

When most people think of the hot tub, they think of a warm, soothing place to relax. The mere sound of the bubbles sends me into relaxation mode. My child, however, has different thoughts about the hot tub. She believes that there is something dark and scary in the hot tub. I know this because even the mention of the 2 simple words send her screaming and clinging to me. Start to walk toward it, and she will literally attempt to climb over my head. At first I thought it was because the jets were going the first time I walked her over to the wonderful hot tub. However, even after we turned it off.....terror! The mystery remains in our house? The child that loves the water, but FEARS the hot tub??? HMMMMM?? Maybe something to do with a "past life"....LOL!

No comments: