The list of things to be thankful for is vast. I cannot begin to tell you ALL that there is to be thankful for in my life. However, I would like to make an attempt at a few of the very important things that there are to be thankful for. So, here are my top 5. I would love to have you tell me in the comments section about the things that you are most thankful for.
1) I am thankful for Emma's donor and the donor family. To make the decision to donate your child's organs in your most intense moment of grief would be very difficult. Not a day goes by that I don't think of them. They are the reason that our girl is here to spend this Thanksgiving day with us.
2) My family. My husband, who has been my rock through all of the chaos in our lives. My sister who helps to soften my moods when I get angry. Of course I am very thankful for Miss Emma...but I will get to that. I am also very thankful for the rest of our families...and our extended family (our very close friends)....you have been there for us through everything!!
3) My job. The children in my class and most of their parents are SO wonderful! They are just amazing!
4) For Caringbridge and the ability to "connect" with other families going through times that are not "typical" in parenthood.
5) Last but not least....my beautiful and amazing Emma. I would not be who I am today without you Baby Girl. You are the light that brightens my every day. Your laugh makes my heart melt, and your love for everyone and everything is contagious. Don't ever change a thing about you Baby Girl. You will go so far in life because you are who you are. I love you SO much!!