Sunday, March 09, 2008

10 days until Emma's BIG day

We have 10 days to go until we will celebrate Emma's 4th transplant anniversary. This time of year is always a time of mixed emotions for me. The memories that come flooding back are so clear, yet the further we get away from transplant I notice that many of the bad memories are beginning to fade allowing only the good ones to surface. I think this is the first year where I have not felt the anxiety at this time of the year that I have felt in other years. This year I just feel joy at the fact that our little princess is here with us today. Not a single night goes by that I do not go into Emma's room after she is asleep and thank Angel Claire (Emma's donor) for giving Emma the gift of life. My heart goes out to her family at this very difficult time. In a time where we are celebrating our child's life here on Earth, they are watching another year pass by without their precious daughter. Claire would have been 21 years old this year. She was an amazing girl, and I know that she is greatly missed by her family, friends, and community.

It's 10 days until Emma's 4th transplant anniversary. Today, I thought that I would share the top 10 things that Emma says that melt my heart. The fact that Emma is talking, just that simple fact, is truly enought to melt my heart. We were told when Emma was 6 1/2 weeks old that she "Would never walk or talk"....boy, was that doctor wrong. Here are my top 10:

1) When we say, "I love you Emma"....she replies with, "Too... Mom and Dad and Dogs and horses......(and whatever else it is that she loves that day:).

2) The way she says "Thank you" anytime that something is given to her. She has such great manners.

3) When we are giving her medicine, and she thinks we are giving them to her too quickly she puts up her little hand (as if to say stop) and she says, "Wait a sec".

4) She puts her big baby doll in the baby's crib and says, "Quiet, baby is sleeping, shhhhhh!".....this one will be a good one for the months ahead.

5) "Emma go to school now???"...she always loves to go to school.

6) "Idol...girls sing"...she is still American Idol's greatest fan. Maybe one day we'll see our little rock star on there. When the girl's sing, Emma always picks up the closest "thing" to be her microphone and she sings along with them.

7) "NO, down dogs....P.U"....I guess this is an example of what her mom thinks of the dogs...oops!

8) "I read like Mama"....anytime that I'm reading on the couch, at the table, in the bed, ect. Emma will get a book or a magazine and read next to me.

9) When I asked her to "Stop it" the other day, she looked at me and said, "NO, you stop it!". Yes, a little sassy, but I love it!

10) My favorite...we've been talking about friends a lot lately. So Emma said, "Mama's my best friend". Yes, she knows how to melt my heart.

Love you little one! Can't wait to celebrate in 10 more days! You deserve ONLY the best!

No comments: